parallax background

We Are Experts
in Tax


We are a responsible company
with extensive experience dealing with the IRS.

We use that experience to solve complicated tax issues within the limits of US Tax Law. We believe all IRS tax issues can be solved because we have not encounter an impossible case.

Personal Taxes


Business Taxes


Tax Help Center

An offer in compromise allows you to settle your taxes for less than the full amount you owe. It may be a legitimate option if you can’t pay your full tax liability, or doing so creates a financial hardship.

The IRS considers your unique set of facts and circumstances:
- Ability to pay.
- Income.
- Expenses.
- Asset equity.

The IRS generally approves an offer in compromise when the amount offered represents the most the IRS can expect to collect within a reasonable period of time. Explore all other payment options before submitting an offer in compromise. The Offer in Compromise program is not for everyone. If you hire a tax professional to help you file an offer, be sure to check his or her qualifications.


Before we can consider your offer, you must be current with all filing and payment requirements. You are not eligible if you are in an open bankruptcy proceeding.

The IRS may provide administrative relief from a penalty that would otherwise be applicable under its First Time Penalty Abatement policy.

You may qualify for administrative relief from penalties for failing to file a tax return, pay on time, and/or to deposit taxes when due under the Service’s First Time Penalty Abatement policy if the following are true:

1. You didn’t previously have to file a return or you have no penalties for the 3 tax years prior to the tax year in which you received a penalty.

2. You filed all currently required returns or filed an extension of time to file.

3. You have paid, or arranged to pay, any tax due.

The failure-to-pay penalty will continue to accrue, until the tax is paid in full. It may be to your advantage to wait until you fully pay the tax due prior to requesting penalty relief under the Service’s first time penalty abatement policy.

If you received incorrect oral advice from the IRS, you may qualify for administrative relief.

If you’re financially unable to pay your taxes immediately, you can make monthly payments through an installment agreement. As long as you pay your taxes in full, you can reduce or eliminate your payment of penalties or interest, and avoid the fee associated with setting up the agreement.

Before applying for any payment agreement, you must file all required tax returns.

You may be eligible to apply for an online payment agreement.

- Individuals must owe $50,000 or less in combined individual income tax, penalties and interest, and have filed all required returns.
- Businesses must owe $25,000 or less in payroll taxes and have filed all required returns.
- If you meet these requirements, you can apply for an online payment agreement.
Even if you’re ineligible for an online payment agreement, you can still pay in installments
Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation

If you file a joint return and all or part of your refund is applied against your spouse’s past-due federal tax, state income tax, child or spousal support or federal nontax debt, such as a student loan, you may be entitled to injured spouse relief.

To be considered an injured spouse, you must have made and reported tax payments, such as federal income tax withheld from wages or estimated tax payments, or claimed a refundable tax credit, such as the earned income credit or additional child tax credit on the joint return, and not be legally obligated to pay the past-due amount.

Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation is used more commonly and can be electronically filed with your tax return or sent alone after filing the tax return if necessary. Form 8379 lets you (the “injured spouse”) get back your portion of a jointly-filed refund if it’s seized or offset to pay your spouse’s taxes. You must file jointly to use this form. Also, filing an 8379 will delay your federal refund by up to 14 weeks.

for Innocent Spouse Relief

Many married taxpayers choose to file a joint tax return because of certain benefits this filing status allows them. When filing jointly, both taxpayers are jointly and severally liable for the tax and any additions to tax, interest, or penalties that arise from the joint return even if they later divorce. Joint and several liability means that each taxpayer is legally responsible for the entire liability. Thus, both spouses on a married filing jointly return are generally held responsible for all the tax due even if one spouse earned all the income or claimed improper deductions or credits. This is also true even if a divorce decree states that a former spouse will be responsible for any amounts due on previously filed joint returns. In some cases, however, a spouse can get relief from joint and several liability.

Innocent Spouse Relief provides you relief from additional tax you owe if your spouse or former spouse failed to report income, reported income improperly or claimed improper deductions or credits. Form 8857 is NOT sent with your tax return and is completed to request relief from tax liability, for which you believe only your spouse or former spouse should be held liable. Form 8857 is not supported in TaxAct. You will need to manually prepare and mail this form to the IRS. Remember that you must request innocent spouse relief or separation of liability relief no later than 2 years after the date the IRS first attempted to collect the tax from you.

To know for sure that you qualify for Injured or Innocent Spouse Relief call MC Tax Group. We will get you all the documents you need and walk you through the process quickly and productively.

Every year, the Office of Appeals helps over 100,000 taxpayers resolve their tax disputes without going to Tax Court. It is an independent organization within the IRS whose mission is to help taxpayers and the Government resolve tax disagreements. Appeals also offers mediation services through Fast Track Settlement and other programs. These mediation programs are designed to help you resolve your dispute at the earliest possible stage in the audit or collection process.

The IRS will send you a report and/or letter that will explain the proposed adjustments or proposed or taken collection action. The correspondence also tells you of your right to request a conference with an Appeals or Settlement Officer, as well as how to make your request for a conference. In addition to examination adjustments, many other things can be appealed such as penalties, interest, trust fund recovery penalties, offers in compromise, liens, and levies. If you request an Appeals conference, be prepared to support your position with records and documentation.

Appeals conferences are informal meetings. You may represent yourself or have an attorney, accountant, or an individual enrolled to practice before the IRS represent you. If you do not reach an agreement with the Appeals or Settlement Officer or you do not wish to appeal within the IRS, you may appeal certain actions through the courts.

You can get all the documents you need for your appeal here at MC Tax Group. We will make sure you have all your records and help you understand the appeal process. It may seem complicated but it will become clear with our help.

An IRS levy permits the legal seizure of your property to satisfy a taxes. It can garnish wages, take money in your bank or other financial account, seize and sell your vehicle(s), real estate and other personal property. If you receive an IRS bill titled Final Notice of Intent to Levy and Notice of Your Right to A Hearing, contact us right away. If you receive an IRS notice of levy against your employee, vendor, customer or other third party, it is important that you comply with the levy.

A federal tax lien is the government’s legal claim against your property when you neglect or fail to pay a tax debt. The lien protects the government’s interest in all your property, including real estate, personal property and financial assets.

A federal tax lien exists after the IRS:
1. Puts your balance due on the books (assesses your liability).
2. Sends you a bill that explains how much you owe (Notice and Demand for Payment).
1. Neglect or refuse to fully pay in time.
2. The IRS files a public document, the Notice of Federal Tax Lien, to alert creditors that the government has a legal right to your property.
How a lien affects you:

1. Assets — A lien attaches to all of your assets.
2. Credit — Once the IRS files a Notice of Federal Tax Lien, it may limit your ability to get credit.
3. Business — The lien attaches to all business property and to all rights to business property, including accounts receivable.
4. Bankruptcy.

Wage garnishment, the most common type of garnishment, is the process of deducting money from an employee’s monetary compensation (including salary), sometimes as a result of a court order. Wage garnishments continue until the entire is paid or arrangements are made to pay off. Garnishments can be taken for any type but common examples of that result in garnishments include:

- Child support.
- Defaulted student loans.
- Taxes.
- Unpaid Court costs.

Unlike most other creditors, however, the IRS can garnish your wages without first getting a judgment, and the amount it can take is usually more than what regular creditors can take. Luckily, the IRS has many options for you to take care of taxes, so that you can avoid wage garnishment.

If the IRS levies (seizes) your wages, part of your wages will be sent to the IRS each pay period until:
You make other arrangements to pay your overdue taxes,
The amount of overdue taxes you owe is paid, or
The levy is released.

You can file an Offer in Compromise on Form 656 if your back taxes is large enough and if you believe you may have financial hardship enough to show the IRS your inability to satisfy in a reasonable period of time to get the garnishment lifted.

How to get a wage garnishment lifted is a very detailed question, but you can meet with an Enrolled Agent (EA) from MC Tax Group for specific advice and more. If you want to find out your options and get advice from experts, MC Tax Group is the place to call.

Back taxes are taxes that have been unpaid in the year that they were due. Taxpayers can have unpaid back taxes at the federal, state and/or local levels. Back taxes accumulate interest and penalties on a regular basis.

The IRS has turned over the collection of unpaid back taxes to a private collection agency. Taxpayers who lack the means to repay taxes may often negotiate a lesser settlement via an offer in compromise with the IRS either directly or through a tax attorney.

Having unpaid back taxes and not being able to pay is a very common thing to the IRS. Since this is such a common problem, you can be assured there are many solutions. The IRS and us at MC Tax Group can work with you to ensure that it gets paid. Typically the IRS will try to collect the maximum amount of taxes owed from you with the least amount of effort, and this is a good thing to keep in mind if you intend on settling your back taxes for less than the actual amount owed. The earlier you acknowledge the problem with back taxes and take action, the easier it will be to settle them with the IRS.

If back taxes go unpaid you can be assured that the IRS will find you and will eventually take action. The IRS has a very automated process that it goes through routinely in order to make people pay.

When you can’t pay:

When you have unpaid tax and you cannot pay, you are still expected to pay the IRS. For those individuals that cannot pay in full, the IRS offers many other methods of payment. These methods range from making monthly payments toward the tax amount owed to paying only a fraction of what is actually owed and calling it even. Depending on your financial situation, the IRS will always be willing to work with you.

For some direction on how to pay your back taxes and help you negotiate something with the IRS, call the best in the business, MC Tax Group.

A divorce is a complicated situation all around, no matter how you look at it. In addition to all of the emotional issues you have to battle, you also have to sort through a list of financial issues when trying to separate merged finances. Many married couples have joint accounts, own property that belong to both and have been filing income taxes jointly for years. So, what will you do after you get divorce and you both owe back taxes?

At MC Tax Group we understand that getting a divorce is a long and hard process, which is why we want to make your financial issues a short and easy process. We are here to make your life easier by finding solutions to your problems.

Personal Taxes

Business Taxes

Call Us Now!Call Us Now!

Call Now